Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tong Vfang Xien Qi (TVXQ): Keep Your Head Down MV

Info:
Song: Keep Your Head Down
Artist: Tong Vfang Xien Qi (TVXQ)






Rillean's Comments:
So I must admit up front that I have not been the most loyal follower of TVXQ so I was a little shocked when I saw only two guys here. I knew there should be more. A little web searching brought up the details to a law suit the other three are involved in and I just went back to watching the music video. Despite the loss of three of its members TVXQ seems to be doing well. The music video was actually really good. The effects are well done, the dancing is masculine and fitting for the song, and the harmonies are wonderful. There are two points though that I am going to harp on and I know I am not the only critic to have done this. The first is the eye poping suits that show up in the white room. Nice contrast, but that is about all the nice things I have to say about the wardrobe there. All of the other outfits speak of power and force, but this . . . almost screams of clown. The second point is the unbalance of power, specifically the boys' super powers. Yunho gets fire (and does some pretty cool stuff with it) while Max. . . well he gets to play with the chrismas lights. Now do not get me wrong the power of light can be great and all but it was deffinetly not played out well here. Other than that Keep Your Head Down is a great song with a strong beat and a well suited music video to go with it.

Ratings:
Music: 10/10
Choreography: 9/10
Cinematography: 6/10
Costumes: 5/10
Theme: 9/10
Total: 37/50

No comments:

Post a Comment