Sunday, February 6, 2011

8bit and Cosplay

To start off with let me send out a big thanks to both Soshified.com and SNSDKorean.com for posting these videos. They really made my day. Now for those of you who have not seen/have no idea what I am talking about let me provide you with a link.

The Video:
First is the 8bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hsycgojfyw

(Sorry for some reason blogger is freaking out every time I try to embed anything, so you just get links for now.)

Rillean's Comments:
This quirky little video probably took a lot of time to make. Granted the 8bit graphics and sound are not what we expect now a days with the graphics capabilities of our computers (I mean my phone has better graphics than 8bit). But honestly I am a bit of a nerd and the nostalgia of it does kind of grip me. The music is well, done the choreography is cool (okay for 8bit you have to give it the credit come on!) and the idea is . . . well I cannot think of a better word that unique! So to the creator of this little gem I say great work!

Ratting: 10/10

And now for the cosplay!

The Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KGTs5ktB9M&feature=player_embedded

Rillean's Comments:
This one is also a bit . . . different. Usually I think of cosplay as dressing up as a fictional character but apparently this troop of cosplayers decided to take on Girls' Generation. After reading some other people's comments I am not the only one that was a little weirded out by the three guys in the video. That aside, the groups movements were sharp, crisp and the choreography was great. When I first watched this video I thought the movements were way to sharp. If I may make the comparison, I want a kitchen knife that will cut through the food I am preparing easily, but these guys handed me one that went through the counter too. I was turned off by this until I realised they were doing it on purpose. They were not trying to do an all serious cover (should have caught on to that when I saw guys in high heels), they were trying to have fun and make the audience laugh. So I watched it again with that in mind and really enjoyed it.

Ratings:
Music: 10/10
Choreography: 9/10
Cinematography: 5/10
Costumes: 10/10
Theme: 10/10
Total: 44/50

No comments:

Post a Comment